Saturday, August 25, 2012

my favorite photo i've ever taken.

i have a lot of catching up to do as far as posts go, but i was just so stinking excited to share that i had my first paying photography job this weekend, that i've decided to skip ahead.
 
i was hired to shoot an event on the beach called the SEC beachfest.
i'm not getting paid much for this shoot, and the reason i was even hired is because it's for the company dusty works for, and it's possible these photos will not be seen by anyone else but myself, dusty, and the person i turn them into...but nonetheless, this girl is excited.
 
i wanted to share a photo i took today - my favorite photo i've ever taken:
now, my job was to capture the festival for all it's worth, but i just couldn't get away from my love of portraits.
 
also, i have this thing for photos of adults/older people.
i love the character in their faces, the wisdom behind their eyes, the age, the lines, the texture of the skin - the feeling of everything they've been through and everything they've learned...i love all of it.
 
 i'm grateful for the coaches who stopped everything they were doing, looked at the camera, gave me a smirk, and waited until they heard the click before returning to their autograph signing duties.
 
this man in particular - gene stallings - even gave me a wink when i mouthed the words 'thank you' to him after he gave me the time to capture a photo.
 
today was a challenge, but i'm thankful for the new creative opportunities coming my way.


No comments:

Post a Comment