Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chef/Baker Kassie

Big day tomorrow - driving to Minneapolis to spend the weekend with Dusty - soooo excited!

In order to save money on the trip, I decided I would make dinner for us at home and then we can heat it up in our hotel room.  I also made some snacks and bought things to make sandwiches, etc.  While I was at Wal-Mart, I overheard an older man say to a random older woman "remember when you could buy soup for 8 or 10 cents?!" and then they went on to discuss how expensive everything is these days...it made me smile, but then when I got to the checkout and saw my total, I thought "wow, they weren't kidding!"  

I'm starting to wonder if this plan to bring our food may have backfired...we have been known to rock the $5 pizzas and 1/2 price appetizers at Applebees...which may have ended up being cheaper.

Anyways, I thought I should maybe document the process of me cooking, since it doesn't happen very often and my mom will be proud that I'm using the recipe box she bought me :)

Oh, and you should have seen me trying to find the ingredients on my list - it may have been my longest trip to Wal-Mart...although it was a nice change from only seeing frozen meals in my cart...I felt like such a grown-up :)

Check it out...actually using recipe cards...

Valentine cupcakes ♥

One of my favorite snacks....
 Yummy enchiladas...I also made these for my roomie.

 Possibly the most dishes I have ever used...

I had so much fun - I could really get used to this cooking thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment