Tuesday, August 9, 2011

St. Louis Gateway Arch

I apologize for my lack of blogging - I just haven't been feeling it...but after some harassment from loved ones, I think I'm back :)

Anyways, I realized I forgot to share our pictures from when we went to the Gateway Arch in St. Louis - it was on Dusty's bucket list and we were passing through St. Louis on our way to South Dakota, so we decided to make a pit-stop.
It's always fun to cross off something on the old bucket list.

Speaking of bucket lists, we made a "couples bucket list" on the drive to help momentarily pass the time...maybe I should share it and do a post about it later...and off subject, but we totally rocked Hangman during the drive...fun times :)

Okay, now for the pictures from our visit to the Gateway Arch...



We went inside to check out the museum...and the air conditioning was MUCH appreciated.


It was so miserably hot out, that I found it difficult to really enjoy myself during this visit.  Any chance I got, I was in the shade...and still dripping sweat.
 It was the 4th of July weekend and they were having a little outdoor street fair, and there was going to be a free concert held in the evening - which meant this place was packed with people.  It would have been fun to go to the top of the arch, or take part in some of the other activities they had to offer, but the lines were too long and we had to hit the road.

 This is where the free concert was going to be held that night - the Steve Miller Band.

Fun Facts:
*The Gateway Arch is the tallest national monument in the United States at 630 feet.
*The Arch was built at a cost of $13 million.

More to come on my current life...

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Loved the pictures! AND you look beautiful in the couple shot! :) LOVE IT!.. also.. I laughed a little- Dusty has the funniest facial expressions!! I Loved the update!! :)

    ReplyDelete