Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stressed.

I have been very stressed the last couple of weeks.
All I think about is my thesis and how much I still have to do - I know the end is near, but it sure doesn't feel like it.

I seemed to have given myself hives from this stress...hives are not fun by the way, they itch and show up all over the place.  I'm really hoping they go away once I have submitted my next draft...but I have a feeling they will stick around until I defend in May. 
I don't think my stress will be relieved until I completely finish school.

Oh, and I have discovered that I am a stress eater - never a good thing...oh well, I figure it will stop eventually when the stress in my life is much less.
 
I realize there will always be stress, just hopefully a lot less than I am experiencing right now.
 
And when I really reach my limit, I cry.  Dusty has to listen to this, but he is really good at making me feel better about things. 
He is all about the whale analogy...how do you eat a whale?  One piece at a time. (It may sound silly, but I find it to be oddly comforting) 
So, I am reminded that I just need to take things/days one at a time and pretty soon I will have eaten the WHOLE whale, which would be grad school :)

Ahhhh...the thought of being done with school seems amazing.
And I am oh so excited to move on to the next chapter of my life.

(Side Note: I apologize for how many times I used the word stress)

1 comment:

  1. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!! and I promise it's not the train! keep working hard!! Only a few weeks left!! Just think if time was a ruler your less than an inch away!!

    ReplyDelete