Tuesday, June 21, 2011

DIY Project - Painting an End Table

This is BIG...our first do-it-yourself project together :)
And actually one of my first DIY projects ever.
It was more fun than I was expecting.  Well maybe not lots of fun while we were doing it, but SO fun to admire it now that it is finished.

I have started to really enjoy looking at blogs/websites for decorating ideas and we both agreed that when I moved here, we would immediately get to work on the projects...and we are following through :)
Our first project was to paint an old end table that we got for free.
Our tools :)
1st step = sand (100 grit sandpaper)
 2nd step = prime (oil based primer)


3rd step = paint (semi-gloss)
I forgot to get pictures of the 3rd step.  Also, I am really into white right now, so you might notice a trend in the decorating when I do more posts about our progress.

FINISHED PRODUCT:

Do you like it?
We still have a lot of work to do, but it's so exciting to have finished one project!

3 comments:

  1. Looks good Kassie! I'm impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and you! Miss hearing your voice, been too long.
    XO, Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so HGTV.. I put your names in for one of their "my first home" shows.. hope you don't mind! :)

    ReplyDelete