Monday, June 13, 2011

Little Rock Film Festival


I attended my first film festival - Little Rock Film Festival.
It was quite the experience - all new to me and I really had a good time.

Dusty's film "Prairie Love" was accepted to be one of the 12 narrative features played at the festival...and ended up being nominated as one of the top 4 narrative features - I was so proud of him.

Once again, I was terrible with taking pictures, so all of the photos in this post are courtesy of Ted Speaker...thanks Ted :)  Oh, and I LOVE the photos he took - very talented.

After driving all day, it was such a relief to get to Arkansas.
We stayed at the Peabody in downtown Little Rock.  Above is a picture of the view from our hotel room.

At the festival, our days consisted of watching movies, filmmakers' happy hour at 4:30, and then the festival would have some sort of party/event in the evening.

One of Prairie Love's screenings...

It was so neat to see it on the big screen with an audience.

I think one of my favorite things was walking around at the festival and people coming up to Dusty to tell him how much they enjoyed and appreciated his film...and I really liked when they said it was their favorite film :)

One particular night, the event that was planned was a riverboat party...so fun.
 The boat...such a cool picture.
 Entertainment on one level...
 Dancing on the top level...
and there were free drinks and food practically everywhere we went at the festival.

What an experience it was...looking forward to the next festival :)

2 comments:

  1. It does look like an exciting time Kassie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! We're a little jealous over here. Congrat to D...so exciting! Love you

    ReplyDelete