Monday, September 12, 2011

Clothespin Magnets

Last week I made clothespins into decorative magnets.  And it was fun.
After making a few, I had a hard time stopping.
They were easy and I like how they look.
I ended up making quite a few, so family, you will be getting some for Christmas :) 

Clothespin Magnet Tutorial:

Supplies:
  • clothespins
  • x-acto knife
  • cardstock
  • mod podge
  • foam brush
  • magnets

1. Gather clothespins
 2. In order to make it easier, I took one clothespin apart to use for tracing when cutting.
 3.  Use an X-acto knife to cut the cardstock and use the clothespin you took apart to trace.
 4.  Put a coat of mod podge on the clothespin and then put the cut out paper on top of the mod podge.
5.  Let dry and then apply a coat on top of the paper. 
6.  Let dry and repeat two more times with the application of the mod podge.
 7.  Place the magnet on the other side of the clothespin.
 The finished product:
 You can use them on the fridge to hold a picture, or anything for that matter...
Or when your kids bring home artwork from school, you can put the new one on top each time to help de-clutter the fridge...
 I gave away my first set this weekend to Dusty's mom.  Her favorite color is purple so these are the ones I gave her:

Do you like?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you are so clever Kassie..........I like the ones with the designs........very cute!!

    Love Ya,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them....Can't wait for ours at Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeez, where do you get these ideas!!

    ReplyDelete