Sunday, September 4, 2011

We love rainy days.

This weekend I experienced my first tropical storm - lots & lots of rain, wind, thunder...kind of fun. 
Although I do admit I checked the weather constantly yesterday...I don't know what to expect here, so I was a little nervous.

Anyways, we ran some errands in the morning and then locked ourselves in for the day - it was nasty outside, so staying in all day was the perfect thing to do.

We decided this would be a great weekend to do some house projects.
Dusty got to work on painting Gray's room...and of course, Gray wanted to help.  What four year old boy wouldn't?

Dusty basically gave him free reign, so after snapping a few pictures, I had to walk away from the situation.  Those kind of things stress me out a little, but not Dusty - it's all about the memories and experiences, not the messes.  I am trying to get better and not stress about the little things - I think I'm making progress :)



 Gray liked to take a swing at it.  As you can see in the above picture, he would bring the roller back behind his head and then swing it full force at the wall...wonderful.

Admiring his handy work.
So, the result: just a little paint in the hair, paint on the pajamas, uneven painting on the walls (lots of coats in one spot), and LOTS of fun for Mr. Gray :)

After all of the hard work, it was time to make brownies.
Gray loves baking things - especially cake and brownies.
I think the excitement is obvious on his face.

 and of course, the best part of all is licking the batter...
We had a fun, productive rainy day...and according to the weather channel, we have many more rainy days ahead. 
And I feel really good about it.
We ♥ rainy days at this house.

2 comments:

  1. Gray is so cute! It sure looked like a fun day! We can't wait for our vacation :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love that he is doing all these fun things! Great learning experiences!! :) SO CUTE!! :) Love these pictures!! I haven't seen much of Gray in pictures! these are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete