Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Date Day in Florida.

Towards the earlier part of last week, it was decided that Saturday would be a date day...and Dusty would plan it.
He would be taking me on a special date.
A date that I would love and enjoy.
He would plan it all with only me in mind.

We would take turns planning.  When it was my turn to plan, it would be the perfect 'Dusty' date, not necessarily the perfect 'Kassie' date.
But, this week, Dusty was planning and it was my time to enjoy.

So, on Saturday morning, Dusty told me the agenda - we would be attending a Blue Wahoos baseball game in Pensacola.
The Blue Wahoos are the minor league team for the Cincinatti Reds.
Now, don't get me wrong, I do like attending sporting events, but it seems to me that Dusty possibly had himself in mind as well during his planning process.

Regardless, I was excited.
We were headed to Florida.
Even though it's only a couple of miles away, it still excites me when we cross that border and are officially in the sunshine state.
Besides this pit stop to snag a picture by the 'Welcome to Florida' sign, our first stop was Hub Stacey's in Perdido Key.

Hub Stacey's french dip sandwich?
Yummm...it's our favorite.
And it's on the water, which means you can't go wrong.

Our second stop was at a sports bar in downtown Pensacola.
Now, this part of the date SCREAMS Dusty.
Watching an entire NASCAR race on a Kassie ideal date?
Um, no...absolutely not.

My spirits/attitude gradually rose when the race was over and we left that bar.
And then, when we walked into the stadium, I was back!

A place I've never been to? And it's gorgeous?
New experience?
Our first baseball game together?
Now, this was what I was talking about!
I think it was possibly one of the coolest stadiums I have seen - completely open, clean, on the water, all of the employees were chipper and seemed to be loving their lives...IT WAS AWESOME!

Visitors in the future - if there is a game while you are here, we are going.

Date Summary:
  • Hub Stacey's - fun, lots of fun...and the food was delcious, as usual.

  • Downtown Penscaola to watch NASCAR - not fun.
Crabby, demanding, unhappy people as customers AND employees - really brings ya down.
(I tried to be cool about this part of our date, which is why we stayed for the whole race.  If I would have said 'can we please go?', we would have...all about give and take, right?)

  • Baseball game - AWESOME.  I'm ready to go back.

Date Grade: B-
It's very possible Dusty was purposely leaving room for improvement.

 

Any suggestions on what I should plan for Dusty's ideal date?
Maybe we'll watch a Real Housewives marathon for four hours in between doing things Dusty will actually like :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you when it comes to racing.....I find nothing exciting at all watching cars go around and around and around in a circle making all that noise!! But its all about "giving and taking"!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NASCAR is slowly growing on me...sssllooowwwlllyyyy...pretty sure it will never be requested on a date however :)

      Delete
  2. I love that you plan dates for each other.. You two really know how to keep things fun!! :P I wish I lived there!! Your descriptions and pictures of the areas make me wanna hop on the next plane down there!! (I will visit too!)... I think it's good thing that Dusty left room for improvement! HAHA.. as for racing.. wah wah wah.. not my fav. either.. however after riding with a 85 year old NASCAR love her.. he explained some of the science of it.. not just the round and round thing.. interesting to hear.. still not fun to watch!!.. Dusty Date.. Let me think about this.. when does it take place??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Planning dates for each other is new and I think it's going to be really fun.
      2. Please come visit soon...seriously.
      3. I'm with you - leaving room for improvement was probably a good idea. I think I'll do the same.
      4. Reference above comment to my mom about my feelings on NASCAR.
      5. Dusty's date will take place in about two weeks...I should start taking notes when he randomly mentions things...

      Delete