Thursday, May 31, 2012

We had visitors :)

How fun is it to have visitors???
*hint hint - more visitors please...stop making excuses and get your butt down here!
I miss everyone.
It sure is nice to have a little North Dakota in Alabama.

Okay, back on subject.
We had visitors this past weekend and it was nice...really nice.

We hit up the beach each day - played a little bean bag toss, played catch, relaxed, and we played 500 (haven't played this since Elementary school).
My competetiveness got the best of me and I was determined to win that game of 500.
 After lots of rough housing and diving in the water, I am proud to announce that I was the winner...I still have it :)

Our first night with guests, we went to one of our local favorites - Happy Harbor - for a low-key evening with live music, pizza, and beer.

Second night...
 The second night was spent at the Flora-Bama - drinking, eating, and dancing = very fun.
Our last night together, the boys grilled buffalo shrimp, wings, and brats. 
The entire evening was spent outside.
We listened to music, sat around our little outdoor table, had a candlelit (one candle, operated by batteries) dinner, and then Michelle and I listened to the boys reminisce for hours.
I would have to say the last night was my favorite.

The trip went by too quickly...come back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a great time! We can't wait to get back to Alabama. I told Oli to guess where we were going this weekend and he said, Bismarck? Alabama??? I just laughed! I wish it were true. Miss you. Tell the boys hi.
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...that's so sweet of Oliver...I wish you guys were coming this weekend - that would be awesome.
    Miss you too...33ish more days!

    ReplyDelete