Thursday, January 5, 2012

Button Making

I had a new project in mind and it involved making wooden buttons.
In order to accomplish it, I needed my dad's help.
It was great - spending time with my dad, working together in his shop, making buttons...I loved it all.
Step 1: find a dry stick/twig
Step 2: cut into thin pieces
Step 3: drill holes (I did 2's & 4's)
Step 4: sand buttons
Step 5: varnish (still have to complete this step)
I'm so excited about these buttons!
What am I going to do with them?
Make earrings, use them for gift wrapping, and other arts, crafts, & projects...I them.

BUTTON MAKERS:
I added something to my wishlist: a shop full of tools and arts & crafts supplies.
How amazing does that sound?
Space to do projects & enough room for all of your supplies...
Maybe someday :)

5 comments:

  1. I love the picture of you and dad...we're lucky girls :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Your dad knows how to do the coolest things!! I'm glad he gotcha in his shop! I know he was very very proud to have his daughter working beside him! :) Can't wait to see future blog posts with your completed button projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just worked on a project last night with the buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well! hurry up and post it!! My life is dull!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lottery...... Hit the big one.

    ReplyDelete