Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hotwire Secret Hotels

On Saturday, we have a wedding to attend in Mobile.
I'm actually really looking forward to it - it will be my first southern wedding.
I hear they are loads of fun.

Mobile is a little over an hour away, so we decided to stay the night in a hotel.
After searching for hotels near where the wedding is held, they all came up over $100.
I did not want to spend that much. 

I was going to use Travelocity Top Secret Hotels, which we have used in the past, but they only do the top secret thing for bigger cities.
Then, I discovered that Hotwire has it too, but for some of the smaller cities as well.

Hotwire even lets you put in a landmark (wedding location for us) you would like to be close to and they search for hotels within a 5 mile radius of it. 
Before booking, you will know the star rating of the hotel, amenities, the approximate distance from the landmark you entered, the satisfaction rate for the hotel from other customers...you definitely know enough to feel good about your decision.

And if you really took the time and did a little research, you can basically figure out what hotel you'll be getting, but that kind of takes the fun out of it :)
It's actually pretty exciting to put in your credit card information, lock in the deal, and then  find out where you will be staying.

Now, for our savings on one night at a hotel in downtown Mobile: $60/50%
Isn't that awesome?!
Moral of the story: book your overnight stays using top secret hotels when you can - you will be amazed at the deal you'll get :)

6 comments:

  1. Have you ever thought about doing this professionally??.. next time I have to stay in a hotel... I'm totally callin you up to do the research!! :) Nice work Kassie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will totally be your travel agent.
      What's that? You want me to find you a good deal on a flight to Orange Beach? Okay, I will get right on that.

      Delete
  2. I love using hot-wire and I love getting deals! have fun! Ive never been to a southern wedding. boo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found some more secret ones on http://www.secrethotels.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found some more secret ones on http://www.secrethotels.org

    ReplyDelete