Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ready to dig into photography.

I'm ready to learn photography...for real this time.
I have purchased two tutorials to help me with this process.

1.
Upload from August 21, 2011
and

2.
Upload from August 21, 2011

I have completed the first tutorial and am amazed at what I was able to learn in such a short amount of time.
I have been shooting automatic since I received my camera 1.5 years ago.
But now, it's official - I shoot in manual :)

I control all of the settings each time I take a photo and I've realized how much more rewarding it is when I get a good picture.
It's no longer the camera doing all of the work, it's me too.

My next step is learning how to really edit my photos...exciting!

After finishing up the first tutorial, I took a few photos outside for practice.
Now that I know how to work the settings, I need to practice ALL the time. 
It's the only way I'm going to get better.




 Abby Singer was not liking her photo shoot.
 About two minutes after I sat down to take her photos, she stood up, walked around me, and sat down directly behind me.
Nice hint Abby Singer, nice hint.
Luckily for her, Dusty came home and was willing to be my new subject.
This photography thing is fun...especially now that I'm actually learning how to do it :)

2 comments:

  1. Kassie. You amaze me! I love that you are doing more with your photography skills. I can't wait to see you grow as you learn more about this art. I love the pictures you have posted! So creative!! Think of the fun/depressing kinda shots you could take in the valley when you are home! Can't wait to see you!! Only a few weeks left!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. t-19 days until I arrive in Minot! Hmmmm...what should we do together first?

      Delete