Monday, November 7, 2011

South Alabama Film Festival

This past weekend we drove to Mobile for the South Alabama Film Festival.
We had a blast!
The festival was kind enough to put us up in a Bed and Breakfast (Fort Conde Inn) - neither of us had ever stayed in one.
It was really neat - newly renovated, jacuzzi bath tub (yes please!), fire place, really comfortable beds, and we woke up to the smell of breakfast being cooked by their chef...it was so cozy.
(I borrowed the pictures of the inn and our room from their website)

We were able to walk everywhere, which led to the exploration of downtown Mobile.






I like downtown Mobile.
It's old and has character - I like that.

Before the screening of Prairie Love, we spent some time at Heroe's...

and had a couple beers.
We also watched part of the Alabama vs. LSU game - it's crazy how much college football means to the people down here...I'm not ready to jump on that bandwagon.

So, the screening of Prairie Love went really well - quite a few of Dusty's friends and co-workers made it...and for me, this time seeing the film was my favorite - I seem to like it more and more each time I watch it.
After hearing the various Q & A sessions, I have really grown to appreciate the film and how much work goes into every little detail.

We really had a great weekend - lots of fun and laughter :)


4 comments:

  1. Loved all your recent posts. Miss you guys! Love you, Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really nice time....Love the scarf Kas ;) and the pic of you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. I love that you spent the night in a bed and breakfast. That is something I want to do someday... especially in a southern area.. so Sweet Home Alabama

    B. How do you take such crazy awesome pictures??? I love the curved ones..if that makes sense. I like to think you are in a bubble when you take them.. bahaha.. I love them..so cool!...You know what's fun? Looking back at your first artistic photo shoots. Your photography skills have grown so much!! It's unbelievable- so proud of ya!

    C. I am so glad you have a blog to post everything. You will be able to go back and remember every adventure!! I am so glad you went for it.. because this is totally you-- traveling, meeting new people.. everything! SO happy for both of you guys.. PS knock it off with the cute outfits! So Jealous!! :)

    D. Take an adventure to ND SOON! I miss ya!! :) (too much!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang - miss & love you all too!

    Amy - thanks...I got a lot of compliments on my $3 scarf :)

    Kara
    a. I had never really thought about staying in a bed & breakfast, but it was awesome and you should definitely do it

    b. I loved your 'b'. You are so sweet. The "curved" pictures are taken with a go pro camera and the camera does it automatically because it shoots 180 degrees...i think..something like that. anyways, the camera is AWESOME.

    c. I know, I'm loving life...loving all of the new adventures :)

    d. Sooooooooo excited to see you in a couple of weeks in ND

    ReplyDelete