Monday, November 21, 2011

Wall Art

I have been a pinning machine lately...that site is so addicting.
I came across a piece of art that was similar to the one we ended up making.
However, for just the screen print alone, it cost $25. 
And then you would still have to purchase a large frame which can be spendy.

We found our frame at a garage sale for $5.
I came across bulletin letters in the clearance section at Target for $0.62!  And you get 180 letters with that deal...I had a feeling they would come in handy.
We had white spray paint on hand and bought the gray spray paint for $2.50.
Our bedroom is white, gray, and yellow, so I guarantee we will be using the gray paint again..which means it will not go to waste.
Total = $8.12

It was so easy - spray paint the frame, mat, and letters white.
We just spray painted the cardboard that was in the frame gray...and we are loving the end result :)

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! I love this..I might have to do something similar! :) I wish I was better at pinterest! You get so many cool ideas from it!! :) I love love love what it adds to the room! :) Fun little project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! We're counting the sleeps until you and Dusty arrive :) Oliver wants Gray to come along too...so start working on that! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara - you definitely should make one - easy and fun...we could do it together when I'm home, if you want :)

    Ang - Dusty & I are beyond excited to be coming home. Gray and I talked about ND yesterday and how there is snow which means sledding and snowball fights - he instantly wanted to fly there...love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY!.. yeah totally!! Again! Discount at Easter Seals GoodWILL.. let's hit her up... maybe we can find sweet old t-shirt while we are at it!!

    ReplyDelete