Saturday, November 26, 2011

Weekend Getaway

We are on a bit of a weekend getaway.
We are still in Orange Beach and Dusty is actually working, but it still feels like vacation.

One of Dusty's friends owns a condo on the beach and asked him to shoot video and take photos of the unit to help with the renting process...which means we get to stay for free all weekend :)

The view looking down from the condo.
I'm loving it here...I could really get used to this :)
My favorite is having the patio door open, feeling the breeze, hearing the waves, and looking out to see endless water...
So, our evening consisted of:
Sitting out on the deck and relaxing...
a walk on the beach, so Dusty could get a few photos in...
watched the sunset...
and then rocked some take out.
We capped the evening off with a movie and multiple episodes of House Hunters - that show can get addicting...we always end up watching more episodes than we had anticipated.

And I will leave you with this beauty:
After being by the water for hardly any time at all...this is what happens to my hair...I arrive with straight hair and leave with curly, frizzy hair - it actually looks a lot better in this picture than it did in real life.  I looked scary.
And my glasses are crooked - I accidentally melted them on a heater 5ish years ago...just go with it.

Oh, and one of us together:
I hope y'all are having a great weekend!
P.S. I have been fighting the embracement of the term 'y'all', but I think I'm done fighting...it's quicker and easier and I'm all for that.

3 comments:

  1. 1.)Love the CONDOS! Great pictures!! :) I'm glad you went on this little vacation! :)

    2.) Quit straightening your hair! I have always liked your hair curly-just let it do it's thing!! :)

    3.) You don't look scary! I've seen scary and that's not it..

    4.) I did not know you melted your glasses LOL! That cracks me up!! You are too funny

    5.) I can't wait for you to drop the y'all bomb in MINOT ND when you are home for Christmas! :)

    6.) Thank you for living such an eventful fun life! Your updates and pictures made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your lists...absolutely love them.

    I have only straightened my hair a handful of times since I've been down here - with the humiditiy, my hair only stays straight while indoors...so I'm embracing the curly...basically because I have no other choice.

    I love you and can't wait for our Kara/Kassie time over break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was I unaware of write backs!! SHEESH!! I'm glad you are embracing this look.. when you come back, by the way, brink at least five of the 30 chapsticks.. it's cold.. your face/skin will be in shock, and your lips will hate you... LOVE YA TOO!! CANNNNNOOOT wait too see you!!

    ReplyDelete