Tuesday, December 13, 2011

DIY Yarn Wreath

I mentioned on a previous post that I was in the process of making my Grandma a wreath for her Christmas present.
I found the diy link here and couldn't wait to get to work.

After talking to my Grandma for a while and interrogating her about her favorite colors, she finally said she would maybe like something lavender  for her door.
I headed to the store, found lavender yarn, and then felt colors that would match.

Dusty was so sweet and completed the yarn wrap around the straw wreath...he was just going to start it, but then got hooked and kept going...no complaints here.

On the diy link I posted, I know it said imperfection = perfection, but then I came across a photo where the yarn wreath was absolutely perfect...no overlaps while wrapping.

So, I asked Dusty if he could please try to make it 'perfect'...poor guy tried his best, but parts of the straw wreath inevitably were showing through...so, another layer was added where it was needed & then it turned out perfectly :)

We both made the flowers and experimented...it was so much fun!

The final result:
I know the yarn looks like a different color than in the first photos, but I'm assuming it's just something with the lighting.

Anyways, I think my Grandma is going to love it :)

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH.. Can you help me make gifts for all of my family too!! I LOVE THAT WREATH! Such a beautiful, awesome gift!!! :) Great work you two!! :) SHEESH.. teach me your ways!! ps.. you will be in ND soooooon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!! And want one :) 4 more hours and you'll be in the Magic City! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara - Should we make one for your Grandma?

    Ang - in the Magic City & loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made a few of them but never thought of giving one as a Christmas gift! good idea!

    ReplyDelete