Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday Five - Vol. 2

I'm back for round two of the Friday Five and am excited to be linking up on E Tells Tales - love her blog, you should definitely check it out.

1.  I bought a pack of fruity chapsticks  (bad decision) over a year ago because they were the least expensive - I didn't like them from the start, but I couldn't just let them go to waste which means I continued to use them and I finally just finished them off. 

I had mentioned to Dusty that I am on the hunt for the perfect chapstick - you know...one that you love and want to keep buying? 
Well, he took it upon himself to help me with the search and came home from work one day with seven different kinds of chapstick for me to try.  How sweet is that?  He was listening to me go on and on about chapstick and then took action...love him.  But really, who starts off the search with seven chapsticks at one time? 
Well, I guess this girl does ;)

 He also surprised me this day with a glue gun, which I am SO excited about.  He told me I can't be into crafts and projects and not have a glue gun...he's right.  There are a few projects that needed hot glue and in order to avoid having to buy a hot glue gun, I used different types of glue instead - another bad decision.

We were so dang excited about the glue gun that we were sure to use it right away.
When I say 'we', I really mean it - Dusty is oftentimes more excited about the projects than me...or at the very least he definitely motivates me to get to work on them.
I find the projects and he helps/makes them happen.


2. Dusty (I know, I'm giving him a lot of credit so far on this post, but he deserves it!) thought we should send out Christmas cards.  Not just your regular Christmas cards, but we sat down and wrote cards to only our friends/family that we don't talk to very often or maybe we don't keep in touch with them very well, but we think about them a lot and they still mean so much to us...
I encourage everyone to do this...wouldn't you just love to hear from someone you hadn't heard from in a long time?

3.  Dusty & I have a fantasy football team together and we are officially a lost cause...we are done for...one of the worst records in the league, regardless of how hard we tired and how many trades we made.

4.   I am back home in North Dakota for the holidays!  It feels so good to be home.  It feels like I never left :)  I'm loving spending time with family and can't wait to see everyone else!  More posts to come with photos of my time here...

5.  You know elf on the shelf?  Well, I have come across so many fun ideas on the internet about what to do with your elf, so I couldn't pass up the chance to get in on the action with my nephew, Oliver.
I chose one of my favorite ideas from this blog.
I thought it was going to be a hit with Oliver, but it ended up being a bust.

He was not a happy camper.
He was all smiles until he saw the paint on his nose...he was mad, and it needed to be off immediately.
It was supposed to be a Rudolph thing...the elf painted his own nose and then sneaked into Oli's room and painted his.  My sister is responsible for Oli's paint job...doesn't look so much like a Rudolph nose, but I understand...he's a light sleeper, it's dark, and the paint wasn't that great...I forgive her.
I want to do more fun elf ideas.
Lesson learned though:  as long as we don't do something to Oliver's body, it will be just fine.
He normally LOVES anything to do with the elf, so I think there's hope.

Happy Weekend!


6 comments:

  1. My fave chapstick is by Burts Bees...have you tried that one? I kinda want to eat it most days.
    Great list ~ sorry the elf prank (which I thought was brilliant) didn't go off as planned.
    Stopping by from E's blog ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know what you mean about the chapstick deal. I can't believe you used all those yucky fruity flavors! I'm a blue 'Chapstick' girl. Every morning without fail.

    What a guy to treat you to all those necessities and surprise you! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your dusty sounds so sweet.

    I def reccomend aquaphor. it is my lifesaver during the winter, but i usually use it all year round. It works really well because it is pretty much straight vaseline. And most chapsticks/carmex products have stuff in them to actually make your chapped lips worse so you keep using them. awful, i know.

    -Elissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Susan's comment about the Burt's Bees chapstick... simply the best! I want one of those elf on the shelf elves... too cute! Stopping by from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan - I haven't tried Burt's Bees, but it seems to be a lot of people's favorites - so my next stop at the store, I'm going to pick one up!

    Cassie - I'm pretty lucky with Dusty :)

    Elissa - I really like vaseline, so I will have to give aquaphor a whirl..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Calmly Chaotic - elf on the shelf is awesome - all of my nieces and nephews have one and they love it - the first thing they do when they wake up is search for the elf :)

    ReplyDelete