Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sunday Cooking - Dip, Cookies, & Chili

We had plans for Sunday to be a cooking day.
 We wanted it to feel like a cold winter's day and have chili brewing in the crockpot while staying inside from the 'cold, snowy' weather outside.

Well, we went to get groceries in the morning on Sunday.
We opened the door and were hit with heat and humidity - it felt just like summer outside. 

So, in order to make it feel more like winter?
Crank the air up, close the shades, turn the Christmas tree lights on, light a candle, turn football on, and make it feel like December inside.
And then start cooking/baking and make the house smell delicious.
It was such a fun day - I loved every minute of it.

Yummy Dip:
Recipe (given to us by Dusty's friend):
1 lb ground turkey
1 box Velveeta
1 can no bean chili
2 cans mild rotel
1 small can jalapenos
2 small cans green chillies


The dip is delicious...like super good...it's hard to stop eating it.
  I'm making it for everyone when I'm home for Christmas.

Next up on the menu (also making these for Christmas):

White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe for cookies found here.

These were a hit.
I loved them and Dusty could not get over how good they were - he had eight of them on Sunday.

Last up:
Beef Chili - Crockpot Style:
Recipe for chili found here.
We are adding this one to our recipe box and plan on making it again in the future.
It's really good - would highly recommend it!

A day spent in the kitchen is rewarding I tell ya - I suppose it helps when your boyfriend raves all day about how good everything was.
Anyways, we have lots of leftovers and will be eating dip, cookies, and chili for at least a week.

7 comments:

  1. I just can't understand why I could hardly ever get you to do anything in the kitchen when you lived at home....mmmmmmmm. :):):):) Maybe we'll get to see some of this "new" Kassie over Christmas vacation.........you can have full reign of the kitchen anytime you want! Can't wait......keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh- my mouth is watering and my lean cuisine is no longer appealing. I need you to make at least the dip for me (at least).. MM MM MM :) very excited for you to come home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom - I know, it's weird, I have this new found love for crafts and cooking. On the menu so far when I'm home: chocolate chip muffins, the yummy dip, the cookies from this post, and I'm testing a new recipe this weekend that I'm hoping to make for you & Dad.

    Kara - done, I promise I will make you this dip. I really wish you were here now to eat some of ours - I do not like having it in our fridge one bit...it's too tempting for me.

    I sent the cookies off to Dusty's work, so luckily those are out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm..my mouth is WATERING. Just found your blog-lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa - so happy you came across my blog! On my way to check out yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going grocery shopping today....gonna try the chili recipe tomorrow. Supposed to be raining and in the 50's. Perfect chili weather! Bet you wish you could have a refreshing day like that instead of 90 degrees :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very jealous of your weather. I would LOVE 50 degree weather right now.
      I hid out in the house all day today - much too hot and humid for me already.

      I hope you guys like the chili!

      Delete