Thursday, December 8, 2011

Home for the Holidays

I will be leaving Orange Beach and headed to North Dakota in five days!
I cannot believe it.
I am beyond excited.
I haven't been home since July and I can't wait to see everyone.

And the little ones? My stomach hurts from excitement when I think about seeing them.
I have seven nieces & nephews and boy, do I miss them.
2010 Family Picture

If you can believe it, I'm also excited for the snow.
2010
I admit, it doesn't feel much like the holidays down here without snow and below zero temperatures.

I think I'm going to appreciate the weather up north more this year...maybe only for a day or two, but nonetheless, it will be appreciated more than last year.

I want to go ice skating, sledding, walk around the neighborhood at night and look at the Christmas lights, sip hot chocolate, bake goodies, and most importantly, spend all my time with family and friends.
AND I really can't wait for kisses from the little ones...I'm going to ask for them quite frequently - bribes will be used if needed.

Also, I'm working on a wreath for my Grandma's gift - looking forward to sharing it with you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Your pictures make me even more excited. Plus don't forget our GIRLS weekend.......should be fun. FIVE more sleeps, Kassie!!!

    Love You,

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I caaaaannot wait for you to get here!! The 20th of December couldn't come fast enough! Sheesh! I loved those pictures! It's crazy how fast your family keeps growing and growing and growing!! SO FUN to watch!! ALSO, I'm pretty sure ALL 7 of them will be more than excited to see you!! Kisses??.. there will be no need for bribes! :)

    PS. I sure hope it starts snowing so we can:

    A. Drink snow pop (but we probably still shouldn't tell my mom- apparently it's still dirty even though it's white)

    B. Try to find a pair so snow pants that fit-- let's face it.. we might not fit in my brothers 5th grade snow gear anymore--- and go sledding down BOTH hills (mine and yours.. I still have bad memories about yours.. and you know why.:)

    C. Do ridiculous dares while running in and out of the hot tub--this year it should be easier because well.. let's just ask, "What's a bikini?" (let's burn an old Jay-Z or Ja-Rulz CD and plugg it in.. no worries I won't be worried if my parents hear it anymore! bahaha)

    D. Eat the big box from Pizza Hut while watching: 1. Center Stage, 2: Coyote Ugly, 3. The Notebook

    Side Note:(I think this is the longest list of my life.. but we have lots of memories to relive while you are home my friend)

    E. Dust off the old Nintendo skills and play Mario.. starting with the beginning and ending with the 64.. bring it sista.. I'm just hoping you got worse and I stayed the same... ha!

    F. AND finally maybe hid and scare my dad once or twice! baha.. let the count down begin!!

    LOVE YA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom - definitely didn't forget about girls' weekend - it's going to be great.

    Amy - there is a chance that I will cry when I see everyone...

    Kara - I almost wrote in my post that I want to have snow pop while I'm home...haha...it looks like we have a lot to conquer in our time together..bring it on :)

    ReplyDelete