Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Five - Vol. 1

One of the bloggers I follow - E Tells Tales - is doing a link up on her blog today.
So, I thought I should participate...

I think I'm going to do it every Friday - it's just a little list of thoughts/things to wrap up the week.
Here goes:

1. I was walking on a trail by our house yesterday and came across a sign that said there would be sleigh rides on Friday, December 9th.  Naturally, I got excited and wanted to go - Dusty's not thrilled about the idea and I don't blame him...I have a feeling it might be a little lame & probably moreso meant for kids, but I want to do something Christmasy.  I was hoping for horses, but unfortunately we will be pulled by a tractor.  Maybe we should bring a little spiked hot chocolate to make it more exciting :)

2.  I will be subbing on Monday at the high school again - and I'm pretty happy about it.

3.  I have declared today to be cleaning day, but for some reason I'm at my computer blogging instead.  Once this is published though, I'm turning up the music and getting to work...music makes everything so much better.

4.  In addition to it being cleaning day, I've decided to try a new recipe tonight.
Don't they look yummy?

5. I need a dog.  I think about it constantly.
How could you not want him?
I feel like I'm really missing out on something by not having one...I know I will fall head over heels in love and wonder what took me so long to get him.  Dusty and I are seriously talking about getting Otto  (we have had his name picked out for a long time now) when we get back from our time in North Dakota.  I get giddy when I think about it.

My lists will get better, don't you worry.

Happy Weekend!


7 comments:

  1. I love this post. Wow, that dog looks so kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I also participated in E's linkup and noticed your post bc I also called mine Friday Five.

    I love that you want to do something Christmasy, even if it is a little lame it will be fun to do and get in the spirit, and spiked hot chocolate sounds like a good decision for sure.

    -Elissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmm...now I KNOW you're going to do some cooking when you're home - you can teach your dad and I some new recipes!

    I must say that dog is awfully cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK.. seriously! haha, I hope you have fun on the sleigh ride! I think Spiked Hot Chocolate is the perfect idea!! :) ALSO.. I'm starving right now and my mouth is watering at the idea of your dinner! (Dusty you better count your lucky stars,, it's ramen noodles again for me tonight).

    I have always thought you should have a dog.. get on it!! Otto would be your perfect companion (next to Dusty). ALRIGHTY then! You get cleaning and I will too!! Happy FRIDAY!..

    PS. Cleaning is always better when you have a mini Rihanna concert in the background!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell Dusty to GET ON BOARD because that sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should get you a doggie...they are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elissa & Kara - we totally rocked the spiked hot chocolate and it was delicious...I never knew...it was my first time putting a little something into hot chocolate and it was yummy.

    Mom - I'm packing recipe cards...excited to have the tables turned & I get to do some cooking for the two of you :)

    Elizabeth - Dusty got on board! I'm really happy we went & pictures to come...

    Kit - I NEED a dog...it's time & I'm SO ready. I see why you made that comment - 2 dogs of your own...sweet puppies :)

    ReplyDelete